Representing The Emerging Cannabis Industry
The laws for doing business with cannabis, marijuana, and CBD products vary widely by state. At Gleichenhaus, Marchese & Weishaar, P.C., our attorneys have the skill to tackle the challenges involved with starting a business in cannabis production and distribution for medical or adult recreational use. Our extensive experience in the restaurant, hospitality, retail, and manufacturing fields demonstrates the range of our skill in handling regulatory and business-related legal issues. We can advise business owners on the various aspects of CBD regulation at the state and federal levels. As more U.S. states legalize cannabis and CBD products, legal counsel is required to help these businesses grow in compliance with all applicable laws and ordinances. This is a unique area of law as it also involves regulatory compliance, real estate and land use, business formation, tax law, and even intellectual property. Our firm has assisted businesses and corporations with all facets of their businesses in Western New York and beyond and this area of the law is no different.
Currently, the recreational marijuana is not legal in New York. However, for growers and distributors, the Compassionate Care Act was passed in 2014, allowing growth for medical purposes. As an emerging industry and with the growth of the use of CBD in medical use, hemp-based dog food products, oils, creams, and pills, businesses involved in start-up or in distribution should seek legal counsel to know all of the risks and laws involved in the sale of these products. Our firm utilizes our experience in real estate, corporate and commercial law and litigation, regulatory compliance, and business formation to help entrepreneurs and large business that are early adopters in this budding industry.
Our experienced team is here to help with:
- Applying for licenses as a grower or distributor
- Applying for licenses in multiple states
- Assistance with raising capital
- Assistance with business planning and formation
- Assisting with Buy/Sale of property for growth and production
- Creation of non-compete agreements
- Advising on retail alternative medicinal businesses (CBD products)
- Assisting both landlords and tenants with commercial real estate matters involving cannabis or cannabis like products
- Advising clients on employment issues arising with wider spread use of cannabis products
Call our firm today to schedule a consultation to talk about your cannabis law business plan and ensure that you are protected and ready to operate for business and distribution of your products. Our experienced team is here to help.